To join me on a virtual sketching trip, download a travel sketch-journal here.
I add tutorials to them so you can learn the techniques and details you see in the sketchbooks.

My former workshop students asked me to upload my workshop workbooks to make them available to everyone. So you can also download a workbook and give yourself a workshop! Enjoy!


Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Invitation to my Art Show and Studio Sale!


IT's COMING! I'm almost ready for the big Art Show and Studio Sale!

It's being held at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival Great Hall, in Ashland, Oregon, December 12 and 13, from noon to 8pm on Saturday and noon to 4pm on Sunday.

If you live in the Southern Oregon area, and plan to come, the location of the OSF Hall is in the block between the Plaza and Pioneer Street.

I'm going to be blogging further about it today, with details on preparing the artwork, dressing the huge street front window (Monday or Tuesday), and setting up for it. But in the meantime, you've got the important stuff: Where and When. Hopefully the art I've added will tell you What.

For the people who can't come to the event, I've posted 74 of the artwork pieces and illustrations, along with their sizes and prices, and a button to purchase them online if you're interested. Illustrations seldom come on the market, so this is a real opportunity. You can find them here.

Since it's a studio sale, each piece is in a transparent sleeve, but not matted or framed.

For the illustrations you might find printers marks in the margins or on the back (but never within the picture area itself), and you can also find most of the books they're in on Amazon.

I'm doing this with my friend Cathy Egelston (her daughter is in the show, too, but is off at college and won't be there for the show), but we've divvied the display windows and area inside into our own areas, so while we're "together" our shows are separate.

Today, The Daniel and I are sanding the cross-pieces on 20 large easels. I'm HOPING to get back to the blog by tonight, but if not, check in tomorrow afternoon and SURELY I'll have found time by then to write some more. It has been a major project -- I've been working on it since October, and there's lots to tell!

Hugs to all my faithful followers,
Irene

1 comment:

Julian Singleton said...

Thoughtful blog you have here

Here's a grab-bag of other entries...

Related Posts with Thumbnails